Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage SAE 5W-30 is a full synthetic motor oil that is uniquely engineered from our revolutionary PurePlus gas-to-liquid technology which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high quality, full synthetic base oil. Because it is made from natural gas, the base oil is 99.5% pure, contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil, and when combined with our advanced additive technology, creates one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil high mileage portfolio. As your car ages, leaks may develop and cause higher oil consumption and oil burn off, potentially causing your engine to need frequent top-offs. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage motor oil is enhanced with an excellent combination of special conditioning seal agents and additives to help stop leaks from seals and reduce the oil consumption that is typical of older and worn engines. Our full synthetic high mileage motor oil also protects engines from loss of horsepower, offers excellent performance in extreme temperatures, provides unsurpassed wear protection, and protection against abnormal combustion phenomenon like low-speed pre-ignition observed in modern turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engines. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage SAE 5W-30 is also engineered to help keep engines clean by gently lifting deposits and keeping them away from critical moving engine parts. In fact, it keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than the toughest industry standards.Product Features:
- Recommended for vehicles that have accumulated over 75,000 miles
- Engineered to provide a high-quality base oil using our revolutionary PurePlus gas-to-liquid technology in combination with a high-performance additive system
- Helps protect against the effects of low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines
- Conditions dry or cracked seals on older engines to help reduce leaks and oil burn-off
- Offers unsurpassed wear protection- No other leading synthetic oil provides better wear protection from friction.
- For a full list of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Help Desk and always consult your owner's manual.
- Specifications, Approvals and Recommendations: FCA MS-6395; Ford WSS-M2C946-B1
- Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications: API SN PLUS, API SN-RC and all previous categories; ILSAC GF-5