This Litens aftermarket part is designed, engineered, and produced by the Original Equipment (O.E.) tensioner supplier. The original equipment supplier of this popular General Motors tensioner has upgraded the original design incorporating the latest technology to improve performance while maintaining the original fit and form. Note: Unlike many aftermarket versions of this tensioner, the original steel pulley requirement has been maintained. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada".Product Features:
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to ensure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore, doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.