The FAE MAP sensor, absolute pressure of admission, detects the air pressure at the inlet of the vehicle and turns it into an electrical signal which is sent to the engine's electronic control unit (ECU) in order to regulate the stoichiometric mixture. Some models do have a NTC type temperature sensor that allows the MAP to detect, not only the pressure, but also the air temperature at the inlet. This information is necessary for the ECU to calculate the mass of intake air in order to be able to adjust the air-fuel mixture. The sensor element of the MAP is a piezoresistive type configured as a Wheatstone bridge, - its electrical resistance varies according to the mechanical de- formation of a membrane.Product Features:
- The sensor element is integrated in a MEMS-type DIE which amplifies, performs a thermal compensation and conditions the signal
- The incorporated digital electronics allow us to program the output signal
- The DIE is mounted on a ceramic circuit and its electrical connections are made by bonding
- Protected with a receptacle and a silicone gel
- The electronic circuit is achieved through hybrid technology and is handled in a clean room due to its sensitive nature.