Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hover over the image to zoom in
Fuel Pressure Regulator Fuel Pressure Regulator
Share this:

Dorman - Help Fuel Pressure Regulator

Part No. 55162 Warranty Details  
Quantity  Add to Cart

See if this part fits a specific vehicle.

Check Vehicle Fit

Our Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator effectively adjusts the fuel pressure to the fuel injectors. The Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator is constructed of quality materials for a long service life.

Product Features:
  • Replacement restores engine performance
  • Save time, money and labor by replacing only the Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator instead of the entire Fuel Injector
  • Direct replacement for proper fit every time
  • Includes a torx bit for adjusting the pressure on the regulator
Back To Top

Do you have questions about this product?


Ask a question, get answers from real customers and in-house experts. For further assistance, please review your support options on our Contact Us page.

3 Questions | 6 Answers
Displaying questions 1-3
  • Q:

    how do i adjust the fpr on my truck
    Asked on 12/18/2012 by Ricky from United States

    1 answer



      With reference to this Dorman - Help Fuel Pressure Regulator - part# 55162, for adjusting the fuel pressure regulator hook up your pressure gauge. If you have a cowl mounted or interior mounted fuel pressure gauge. Take off the vacuum line running to the regulator and block it. This way you will set the fuel pressure without the regulator seeing vacuum. Grab the appropriate closed wrench and allen wrench. It helps to have a friend if you have a cowl mounted gauge. They can tell you whether to go up or down with the pressure. Once you have the pressure set to where you'd like, tighten the jam nut with the wrench, verify that the pressure has not changed and reattach the vacuum line. For any further assistance, you may also visit your nearest Advance Auto store or call us directly at 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623) and one of our representatives there would be more than happy to assist you.

      Answered on 12/18/2012 by Vincent from AAP
  • Q:

    hesitates under heavy acceleration
    Asked on 11/22/2010 by Anthony from Mishawaka, IN

    1 answer



      It sounds like you are having a fuel problem but unfortunately, we are unable to diagnose what is wrong with your vehicle without being able to be there with your vehicle. We highly recommend taking your vehicle to a reputable shop to have them take a look at it to determine the cause.

      Answered on 11/22/2010 by Mike the Auto Parts Master from AAP
  • Q:

    where is this part located on the motor
    Asked on 12/25/2009 by Anonymous from portsmouth oh

    4 answers



      The fuel pressure regulator is generally located on the fuel rail.

      Answered on 2/5/2010 by Kevin from AAP
    • A:

      Inside the upper intake. The upper has to be removed.

      Answered on 2/9/2010 by Nick from NC
    • A:

      You have to remove the upper intake manifold.
      The FPR is held in with two torx screws.

      Answered on 9/23/2010 by DLarson from Palm Bay, FL
    • A:

      where is this part located on motor 1996 blazer

      Answered on 11/10/2010 by homer55 from 6713 22 ave kenosha wi
Displaying questions 1-3

Do you have a question about this product? 

Check out the specials in our monthly flyer.
Disclaimer We strive to keep all information accurate and up-to-date; however, product availability, pricing, promotions and store hours are subject to change without notice. Please contact Customer Care if you have any questions or corrections.