The Premium CarQuest Vehicle Solutions line of vehicle electronics are designed for OE form, fit and function for both import and domestic vehicles. The oil pressure switch reports engine oil system pressures to the on-board computer or directly to a dash light, and when oil pressure is low, will notify on-board computers and illuminate the low oil pressure warning light. When not replaced, vehicle operator may not be notified of engine oil pressures falling below critical limits. A failing or improperly functioning oil pressure switch will provide erratic or inaccurate readings to on-board computers, affecting performance and system function. In more advanced vehicles, an improperly functioning oil pressure switch may not notify on-board computers of critical system pressure, thus not allowing the computers to place the vehicle into limp mode to protect the engine.Product Features:
- Designed and manufactured with high quality materials, industry leading electronic components and strict quality controls. Engineered to meet or exceed OE performance and to meet the uncompromising demands of service professionals.
- Direct fit replacement matches proper OE fit, form, and function and ensures trouble free installation of your oil pressure switch.
- Polyimide film diaphragms offer high temperature performance and enhance life-cycle durability. Oil-resistant O-rings and seals, as well as OE-grade thread-sealant match OE design.
- From design to manufacturing, the use of proper materials, components and multiple glued seals help prevent oil leaks.
- All units are 100% tested using advanced end-of-line equipment that pressurize the switch, confirm proper calibration and functionality, and check for leaks to ensure each switch meets manufacturing specifications before packaging.