Advance Auto Parts Limited Warranty Policy
General Limited Warranty Period and Applicability
The warranty period is 90 days from your date of purchase or any longer warranty period that may be printed on your original sales receipt. During the warranty period, we will replace or refund, at our option, any new part that fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship under normal use and service after proper installation. Simply return the part along with your original sales receipt to any Advance Auto Parts store. You must be the original purchaser of the part and still own the vehicle on which it was installed. This warranty is not transferrable. Replacement parts are warranted for 90 days from the date of exchange or the remainder of the warranty period on the original part, whichever is longer.
Refunds will only be considered if you bring the defective part to an Advance Auto Parts store along with your original sales receipt within 45 days from the original date of purchase. Refunds will be issued in accordance with our Return Policy.
Battery Limited Warranty
The battery Free Replacement Period begins the day of purchase and expires at the end of the Free Replacement Period that is printed on your original sales receipt. This period does not renew when the battery is replaced during the Free Replacement Period. There is no other warranty outside of the Free Replacement Period that began when the battery was purchased. Installation or use of an automotive battery in any other type of vehicle or equipment voids your warranty.
What is Not Covered
- Failure due to: accident or collision; misuse, abuse or modification; chemical fallout; salt, hail, or other environmental conditions including natural disasters; marine use; improper installation; installation of an incorrect part; and damages caused by other faulty parts.
- Parts under manufacturer's recall for a related problem.
- Parts installed on vehicles used off-road or for racing purposes.
- Parts installed on a commercial-use vehicle after 90 days (see below).
- Normal wear and tear.
- Used or salvage parts.
Commercial Use Vehicles
Parts installed on commercial-use vehicles are warranted for 90 days from the date of purchase only, regardless of any longer warranty period that may be printed on your sales receipt.
Certain parts must meet specific installation requirements. Failure to provide proof that these requirements have been met will void your warranty.
- A/C Compressors. Flushing is required. Must also install a new receiver dryer/accumulator, orifice tube or expansion valve (as applicable).
- Clutch/Clutch Kits. The clutch/clutch kit must be installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions, including installation of a new pilot bearing and resurfacing of the flywheel. Clutches contaminated by oil and grease are not eligible for warranty replacement/refund.
- Crankshafts. The installer must validate that the crankshaft OE number matches and there is no visible damage to the unit prior to installation. Warranty is limited to replacement of the crankshaft and bearings prior to installation. Warranted crankshafts that are returned must include the bearings supplied with the unit.
- Fuel Pumps. Replacement of pump strainer (for in-tank electric pumps) and inline fuel filter at time of repair is required. Must also drain and clean fuel tanks.
Your local Advance Auto Parts store can assist with all warranty matters for online purchases. If you do not have a store location near you, please contact 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623) for warranty assistance. Your online order confirmation is required to validate your proof of purchase for warranty coverage.
Additional Important Information
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER LABOR COSTS OR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, INCONVENIENCE, RENTAL VEHICLE CHARGES, TOWING CHARGES OR ACCOMMODATIONS RESULTING FROM A DEFECT IN OR FAILURE OF THE PART.
This limited warranty represents the exclusive remedy for any product defect or failure and the total liability of Advance Auto Parts and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Advance”) for any part it warrants. ADVANCE MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, CONDITION OF ANY KIND OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties. Therefore all implied warranties that may apply to your part are limited to the duration of this written warranty. Some states also do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages, so the above information may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Advance does not authorize any person to vary the terms, conditions or exclusions of this warranty. If any provision of the warranty should become invalid or unenforceable because of any laws, the remaining terms and provisions of the warranty shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent allowed under local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Policy are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies. Advance Stores Company, Incorporated, P.O. Box 2710, Roanoke VA. 24001. Visit us on the web at www.advanceautoparts.com.