'Tis the season to rev up your gift-giving and, just in time, the holiday gift guide is here to make your shopping easier. There are probably one or two people on your list who are always a challenge to find the perfect gift for. This year, think outside the box and shop for your friends and family at Advance Auto Parts. Here are some great gift ideas that just happen to be useful, too.
Source | Getty
Did you know? You can earn Speed Perks points when you purchase gifts for others (or yourself).
1. Gift card
It's not easy picking the right automotive-themed gift because every vehicle is as unique as its driver, and there are so many different products available to help vehicle owners customize, repair or care for their ride. That's why an Advance Auto Parts gift card makes the perfect gift – because the recipient gets to choose exactly what they want and need. Most parts aren't a universal fit, and every driver has their own sense of style, making a gift card a universally good gift. It lets them choose the exact part or tool that they need to get the job done, and Advance gift cards can be redeemed in-store or online.
2. Hand Tools
Beginner DIYers and full-on experts have one thing in common: a need for tools. Advance has tools that meet all their automotive needs, including wrenches, ratchets, floor jacks and more.
Whether they need to jack it, tap it, turn it or creep under it, TEQ Correct has a full line of automotive tools to satisfy virtually any need under the hood. Perhaps the most essential is a good set of hand tools. Whether you're buying for someone just starting out or for a seasoned DIYer dealing with broken and missing sockets, the TEQ Correct Professional 118-piece set is a solid bet. Ratchets, sockets, and extensions in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 in. drives are a necessity in any toolbox. Metric and SAE six-point sockets with TEQ DriveTM off-corner loading technology reduce the likelihood of rounding off bolts, and thin profiles mean those tight spots won't be a problem anymore. The best thing about this set is it can be used for other projects around the house, too.
And if your gift recipient spends more time working on vehicles than he or she does driving them, look into TEQ Correct Professional tools. From breaker bars to ratcheting wrenches to deep socket sets – there's guaranteed to be something here that the mechanic in your life has on their list.
Automotive repair and maintenance is not glamorous. Hot parts, sharp edges, and various fluids can wreak havoc on hands. For a simple oil change or fluid flush, nitrile gloves will do.
But for other jobs, give the gift of durable, washable Mechanix Wear gloves. They're breathable to keep hands cool, and form-fitting for a confident grip even on small parts.
4. code reader
The dreaded “check engine" light – nothing derails a road trip or strikes fear into a driver's heart faster than its sudden, unwelcome illumination on the dashboard, particularly if it's flashing angrily, demanding attention. It could be something as simple as a loose gas cap that you forgot to tighten, or a heads up that there's a more serious mechanical problem brewing. Either way, information is power, and the fastest, easiest way to get to the root of the problem is by using a code reader. It makes a great gift because code readers are like having a service provider in the glove compartment. Simply plug it into the vehicle's OBDII port and start diagnosing the problem.
WeatherTech offers a full line of high-quality protection for your vehicle's interior. Choose an all-weather mat for an easy-to-clean surface to protect from mud or melting snow, or a cargo liner for all the rest. WeatherTech offers universal fit products or stop by your local Advance to see custom-fit samples.
6. VEHICLE ACCESSORIES
The list of vehicle accessories is seemingly endless and provides unlimited gift ideas even for that one person on your holiday list who already has everything. Think outside the (gift) box, beyond the traditional categories of tools and replacement parts. Accessories can serve a wide variety of purposes, from vehicle customization to driver comfort and safety. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Keep them safe
- Flares and reflectors - Pulling over on the side of the road at night is sometimes necessary—and unsafe. Help protect your loved ones by making sure they have a flare or reflector in their vehicle for when the unexpected happens.
- Fix-A-Flat – Don't be left stranded by a flat tire or forced to try and change it in an unsafe location. One can of Fix-A Flat seals punctures up to 1/4 inch and inflates the tire in seconds so you can drive somewhere to change it or have it repaired.
Let personalities shine
- License plate frames – Express yourself in a place that virtually everyone will see – around your vehicle's license plate. Covers, frames, and accessories are everything you need to upgrade your plate from mundane to styling.
- Window tint - Whether to keep the sun or just prying eyes out, window tint helps protect your vehicle's interior from damage while reducing temperatures by blocking up to 99 percent of the sun's UV rays. DIY kits make it easy to install.
Keep them comfortable
- Steering wheel and seat covers – Drive in comfort, add style, protect seat surfaces, or refurbish a damaged seat with these accessories that install and change both the look and feel inside in minutes.
- Air fresheners and fragrances – Restoring that new-car smell, bringing the great outdoors inside, or just covering up a stale-smelling interior – each can be accomplished depending on which scent you choose.
- Cupholders and organizers – Stop searching for misplaced items or spilling drinks while behind the wheel and instead start driving in an organized, clean interior that makes you feel better about your ride and saves you time.
7. LITHIUM-ION JUMP STARTER
Nothing's more worrisome or potentially dangerous than being stranded alone somewhere because of a dead battery. With this Lithium-Ion Jump Starter and Power Pack, you or your loved ones can still jump-start a dead battery even if there isn't another vehicle around to help. It's the gift that says you care.
8. STOCKING STUFFERS
Good things come in small packages, and driving is supposed to be fun. Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, right? Accomplish both this holiday season with gifts that make perfect stocking stuffers, like the dashboard hula doll, a Hot Wheels Fast & Furious car, or a Baby Yoda decal.
Now that you've been inspired with these great gift ideas, it's time to start shopping in-store, online, or through our mobile app, with same-day delivery available in many areas for those last-minute gifts.
Have more suggestions for auto parts and accessories that make great gifts? Leave them in the comments.