Road Trip Ready with Advance (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advance Auto Parts (“Sponsor”), 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012, and is administered by Genesco Sports Enterprises, Inc. (“Administrator”), 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, who are age 18 or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes, as well as members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals who do not have current access to an internet connection in order to enter either with email or uploading a photograph submission of Entrant’s own creation may not enter the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: You will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes by completing one of the following entry methods. The Sponsor must receive the entry between 12:01 A.M., EDT on May 23, 2019 through 11:59 P.M., EDT on June 13, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”):
- Online Via Email: Between 12:01 A.M., EDT on May 23, 2019 and 11:59 P.M., EDT on May 27, 2019 (“Entry Period”), visit any Advance Auto Parts store in-person and make a purchase (no minimum dollar amount). Submit a copy of your Advance Auto Parts purchase receipt by uploading or scanning a picture of the receipt and sending the picture via email to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EDT on June 13, 2019. The receipt must show the date of the transaction. The uploaded receipt will count as one ( entry into the Sweepstakes, no matter how many items were purchased during the transaction. Message and data rates may apply should you choose to email via your mobile phone or other Web-enabled device. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
- Direct Photo Upload – Online Entry: Visit http://bit.ly/AdvanceRoadTrip during the Sweepstakes Period. Follow the online instructions to upload a photo of your favorite road trip on the sweepstakes site (“Photo Entry”) and complete the online registration form with all required information including your name, valid email address, phone number and confirmation that you are eighteen (18) or older. After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your online Photo Entry. Maximum photo file size may not exceed 5MB. All direct upload Photo Entries must be uploaded and registration must be fully completed and submitted by 11:59 PM EDT on June 13, 2019 to be eligible. Any photo that is not properly submitted or received for any reason, including any technical difficulties, upload failures, failures to save or properly store the photo, busy signals, efforts of hackers, or any lost or disconnected internet connections, will be disqualified.
All Photo Entries in the Sweepstakes become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each Entrant agrees that their submitted Photo Entry may be viewed by the public. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and remove any Photo Entry at any time that is not in compliance with these Official Rules. All Photo Entries must conform to the photo submission requirements as outlined above and below or it may be disqualified and not considered for the Sweepstakes.
Any other individuals included in the Photo Entry must provide Entrant with express consent and permission for their images to be included and submitted in the Sweepstakes and such Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining all authorizations or approvals. The individual who submitted the Photo Entry shall be designated as the official Entrant participating in the Sweepstakes, regardless of any other individuals included in the Photo Entry, and shall be the only individual eligible for any resulting prize award (see below). Sponsor reserves the right to request from any Entrant at any time proof, in a form acceptable to Sponsor, of any permission required or possibly required to use such Entrant’s Photo Entry. Failure to provide such proof, if requested, may disqualify such Photo Entry from the Sweepstakes.
Additional Photo Submission Requirements: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Photo Entry for any reason that it considers to not be appropriate for the Sweepstakes. Photo restrictions include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
- Not be, or ever have been, submitted in any competition, sweepstakes, or contest of any kind;
- Not use any name, likeness, photograph, or any other identifying element, in whole or in part, of any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Not be subject to any third party agreement or require payment or incurrence or any sums to obtain further permissions of any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein or portions, or modified versions or derivative works thereof;
- Except as relates to the sponsoring brands or approved partners, not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by Entrant or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art, or images published on any media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights (i.e., “droit morale”), or any other intellectual property rights):
- Not feature, refer to, or mention any companies or brands in competition with Sponsor;
- Not include any unauthorized photos or plagiarism of any kind;
- Not contain nudity, inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit, pornographic, or obscene content or images (which shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion);
- Not contain any political or politically themed or motivated messages, statements, or images;
- Not defame, slander, libel, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content that could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor or any other individuals and/or entities affiliated or associated with Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, or any prizes, the determination of which shall remain the sole discretion of Sponsor;
- Not depict or include images that may be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable in any manner as solely determined by Sponsor.
NOTE: Each entry must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related phone numbers, email addresses, and/or IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all entries will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Entrants may opt-out of any further email communications at any time by simply replying REMOVE to any email message, or following the provided opt-out instructions. Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Sweepstakes, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning.
LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Photo Entry requires a unique photo, taken on a unique day that has not previously been entered in the Sweepstakes. If an entrant enters more than once (1) per day, only the first entry will be included in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 A.M. EDT and ending on the same day at 11:59:59 P.M. EDT
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about June 19, 2019, Administrator will select one hundred fifty-six (156) entries for the Prizes in a random drawing from among all valid entries (combined from both online via email and direct photo upload online entries) received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner will be notified using the email address provided in the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to the verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within forty-eight (48) hours of notification will result in disqualification. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize.
- PRIZE DETAILS: A total of one hundred fifty-six (156) Prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes in this order:
- The first twenty-six (26) separate winners (“Yeti Winners”) will each receive a YETI Roadie cooler. ARV $200.
- Once the Yeti Winners are contacted and accept their prize, the next ten (10) separate winners will each receive a one hundred dollar ($100.00) gift card to Advance Auto Parts (“AAP Gift Card Winners”) for use in-store. ARV $100.
- Once the AAP Gift Card Winners are contacted and accept their prize, the next one hundred twenty (120) separate winners will each receive a fifty dollar ($50.00) gas card. ARV $50.
Exclusions may apply. Except where required by law, cannot be redeemed for cash, reproduced, modified, sold, traded, refunded or replaced. Not valid on previous purchases or returns. No cash back. Valid only while supplies last. Offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. If the Winners’ purchase exceeds the amount of that Gift Card’s balance, the Winner must pay the difference by another means.
All other expenses not specified herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. In no event will more than one hundred fifty-six (156) Prizes be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or component thereof, of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or a Prize component. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. All prizes are awarded “as is” without warranty, express or implied.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. The potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners will be notified by the email address provided to Sponsor after the date of the random drawing and will have 48 hours to accept or reject the prize. After the potential winners have accepted the prize within the 48 hour period, the potential winners will be required to sign and return to Administrator an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable, within three (3) days after the documents are sent. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of the sweepstakes prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor and Administrator may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) s/he has sole and exclusive ownership and proprietary rights of all photo images submitted, has full permission of all parties within photo to publish and release their images and actions shown within the photo, and agrees that each photo becomes the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, and Sponsor may publish, display, promote, or utilize photo in any manner of its choosing in relation to the promotion or advertising of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor; and (c) release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, wireless carriers, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry. To the extent applicable to any entrant and/or winner domiciled in Puerto Rico, these rules will be interpreted to comply with the laws of the applicable jurisdiction.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- TAXES. All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings. Any Commonwealth of Puerto Rico taxes or assessments levied on the prizes as of the date of delivery thereof to the winner shall be the sole responsibility of the winner of the sweepstakes. Puerto Rico residents that win a prize or prizes valued $500 or more will receive a Form 480.6A, with a duplicate sent to the Puerto Rico tax authorities.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, force majeure event, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, illegible, postage due, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages, or emails; (3) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (4) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Virginia State Court located in the City of Roanoke, Virginia; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS. A winner’s list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Administrator identified below.
SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: ADVANCE AUTO PARTS “Road Trip Ready with Advance,” 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: GENESCO SPORTS ENTERPRISES, INC., 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225