F-150 vs. Silverado: Sorry, Chevy Lovers

Coke vs. Pepsi. Cowboys vs. the Redskins. Texas vs. OU. Nike vs. Adidas.

We love rivalries, and our competitive brand loyalty extends to pickup trucks. So, with that in mind, sorry to say... better luck next time, Chevrolet owners!


What do "Chevy" and "Chevrolet" stand for, you ask?

How about:

  • Can't Have Expensive Vehicle Yet
  • Can Hear Every Valve Yelp
  • Chews Heads, Eats Valves Yearly
  • Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
  • Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time
  • Cheap Heavy Equipment, Very Rusty, Overly Loved, Eventually Towed
  • Condition Hopeless, Entire Vehicle Relies On Leftover Engine Technology

And here's some clarification on some model designations:

LT: Low Torque

LS: Little Slow

RS: Really Slow

SS: Super-Slow

But seriously, folks...

There are some pretty solid reasons why the F-150 is better all-around than the new Silverado.

  • F-150 offers more bed/cab combinations, including a full-size bed and crew cab
  • The F-150 has a nicer interior even for the base model, and even offers massage seats(!)
  • Chevrolets continue to have build-quality issues, especially with suspension and electrical systems
  • The extensive use of aluminum in the Ford truck means hundreds of pounds less weight, and an EPA rating of 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway/22 combined
  • The F-150 can tow 13,500 pounds, while the Chevy tows 1,000 pounds less
  • The F-150 offers a trailer hookup rearview camera, taking the guesswork out of connecting to that ball hitch

Hey, We're Not Done Yet

Ever hear the ad slogan "90% of all Chevrolet trucks sold are still on the road?" That's because the other 10% actually made it home!

Hope you enjoyed this little drag over the coals for Silverado owners. Don't worry, Chevy guys and gals, we'll be taking on the F-150 next!

Last updated May 31, 2019