One of the most innovative things about K&N's cabin air filters is that they can be cleaned and reused indefinitely, and can last the entire life of the vehicle. All you need is K&N's Refresher kit and then just to follow these steps:
- Spray a generous amount of K&N Cabin Air Filter Cleaner on both sides of the filter element, then let the filter sit for about 10 minutes to loosen any grime and particulates. Don't let it sit so long, though, that the cleaning solution dries on the filter element.
- Use low-pressure cool water to rinse the cleaner and any residue of dirt from the filter, starting with the filter's clean side. You might find it necessary to repeat both of these steps if the filter is especially dirty.
- Gently shake excess water from the filter and let it air-dry naturally. Don't use an air hose, heat gun, or hair dryer to speed it along.
- Spray K&N Cabin Air Filter Refresher on the filter until the entire area of the filter is covered.
- Reinstall the filter and you're done!
- Only use the K&N Cabin Air Filter Refresher Kit and not the K&N Recharger Air Filter Cleaning Kit.
Now you're good for another 12 months or 12,000 miles of clean, odor-free, allergen-free cabin air!
Last updated February 20, 2019