Travel with the Hurricanes as they head to New York City to take on the New York Rangers on January 15, 2019.
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS FLY WITH THE CANES 2019 PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Advance Auto Parts Fly With The Canes Promotion 2019 (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advance Auto Parts (“Sponsor”), 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012, and is administered by Genesco Sports Enterprises, Inc. (“Administrator”), 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal U.S. residents of North Carolina who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes, the NHL and its member teams (including specifically but without limitation the Carolina Hurricanes) (“Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside North Carolina, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any potential winner.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Sweepstakes begins on November 12, 2018 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 7, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must follow the steps below to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“Entry”):
- Sign into his/her Twitter or Instagram account (Entrant may create a Twitter or Instagram account for free if he/she does not already have one);
- Become a follower of @AdvanceAuto on Twitter or @advanceautoparts on Instagram (if not already following either account). There is no charge to sign up for Twitter or Instagram or to follow either account; and
- Comment on Advance Auto Part’s Tweet or Instagram post, tagging an additional person who he or she would bring with them to receive one (1) entry per day into the applicable Sweepstakes Period.
- Entrants may receive up to one (1) additional entry per day by posting a picture of themselves in front of an Advance Auto Parts store, tagging @AdvanceAuto on Twitter or @advanceautoparts on Instagram and using the hashtag #FLYWCANES2019.
Entry Requirements: All Entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- Entrant must follow @AdvanceAuto on Twitter or @advanceautoparts on Instagram;
- Entry must be an original work;
- Entry cannot have been published previously by any party other than the Entrant;
- Entry must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than the Sponsor’s;
- Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images);
- Entry cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without written permission from that person;
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law;
- Entry must not include any personally identifiable information (full name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Entry must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to, content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, or violence;
- the taking up of arms or terrorist activities directed against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Entry must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor and not Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”). Further, Entrant specifically agrees to release Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, or any of their affiliates.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply if an Entrant enters this SWEEPSTAKES on his/her mobile device. Not all mobile telephone/wireless providers carry the service necessary to participate in thIS SWEEPSTAKES. Entrants should consult their wireless provider's pricing plans. Mobile entry is not required to enter or win THE prize in thIS SWEEPSTAKES.
LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period, as well as up to one (1) additional entry via the same social media platform. If an Entrant enters more than one (1) time per day, only the first Entry for such day will be included in the Sweepstakes.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or about December 11, 2018, Sponsor’s representatives, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, will randomly select one (1) potential winner, provided a sufficient number of entries are received, from among all eligible Entries received. The winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Prizes: The winner will receive one (1) round-trip flight on the Carolina Hurricanes team plane on January 14, 2019 (for winner and one  guest age eighteen  or older), 1-night stay in a one (1) hotel room, two (2) swag bags, and two (2) game tickets to the Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Rangers game on January 15, 2019 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (“Prize”). ARV $1,500. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of award not expressly listed above, including but not limited to any transportation, meals, souvenirs and gratuities are entirely the responsibility of the winner and guest. Location of seats determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and/or his/her guest(s) if either winner or his/her guest(s) violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General: In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or component thereof, of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or a Prize component. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. NOTE: Winner and guests must abide by all team and stadium policies. Sponsor and/or team reserve the right to revoke full or partial Prize from winner or winner’s guest who it and/or team and stadium personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any team and stadium policy or law, and/or may bring Sponsor and/or team into disrepute.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by telephone call after the date of the random drawing and will have 48 hours to accept or reject the prize. After the potential winner has accepted the prize within the 48 hour period, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable, within three (3) days after the documents are sent. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of the sweepstakes prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor and Administrator may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; and (b) release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Carolina Hurricanes, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, wireless carriers, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- TAXES: All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, force majeure event, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, illegible, postage due, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages, or emails; (3) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, website, hardware or software; (4) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Virginia State Court located in the City of Roanoke, Virginia; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: A winner’s list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Administrator identified below.
SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: ADVANCE AUTO PARTS “Advance Auto Parts Platinum Puck Promotion,” 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: GENESCO SPORTS ENTERPRISES, INC., 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Hurricanes name, logos and indicia are registered trademarks of the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club used with permission. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram.
The National Hockey League, its respective NHL teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., National Hockey League Players’ Association and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NHL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this promotion or any prize awarded. The NHL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.