ADVANCE AUTO PARTS & VIRGINIA CAVALIERS TEXT-TO-WIN
The Advance Auto Parts & Virginia Cavaliers Text-to-Win (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Advance Auto Parts (“Sponsor”), 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012, and is administered by Genesco Sports Enterprises, Inc. (“Administrator”), 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of Virginia who are age 18 or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, University of Virginia, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes, as well as members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: You will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes by completing one of the following entry methods. The Sponsor must receive the entry between 12:01 A.M., EDT on September 21, 2018 through 11:59 P.M., EDT on October 17, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”):
- Text Message: Send a text message to short code 78620, containing the keyword found in signage at the counter of participating Advance Auto Parts locations in Virginia. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M., EDT on October 17, 2018 to be eligible for the grand prize drawing.
Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier may apply, and Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Sponsor. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one (1) entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period by using multiple/different telephone numbers, identities, or any other method will void that entrant from participation in the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, postage due, inappropriate or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the telephone number used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Mail-In: To participate via mail-in without sending a text message, on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, print your complete name, mailing address, daytime and evening phone numbers (area code included), and date of birth. Mail to: “Advance Auto Parts & Virginia Cavaliers Text-to-Win,” ATTN: Carly Salczynski, 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries accepted.
LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If an entrant enters more than once (1) per day, only the first entry will be included in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 A.M. EDT and ending on the same day at 11:59:59 P.M. EDT
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about October 18, 2018, Administrator will select one (1) entry for the Prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries (combined from both text and mail-in entries) received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner will be notified using the telephone number that submitted the entry (or the telephone number provided in the mail-in entry) and may be awarded the prize (subject to the verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within forty-eight (48) hours of notification will result in disqualification. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize.
- PRIZE: One (1) Prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Prize consists of: four (4) premium game tickets to the Commonwealth Club (food & beverage included, sideline access, parking pass, and UVA merchandise) for winner and three (3) guests to the University of Virginia home football game on November 2, 2018 (“Prize”). ARV $2,000. Transportation and lodging will not be part of the Prize awarded. Guests of winners must be at least eighteen (18) years old, unless such guest is the child or ward of the winner. Location of seats determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the event, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and/or his/her guest(s) if either winner or his/her guest(s) violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event.
In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or component thereof, of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or a Prize component. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
NOTE: Winner and guests must abide by all team and stadium policies. Sponsor and/or team reserve the right to revoke full or partial Prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it and/or team and stadium personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any team and stadium policy or law, and/or may bring Sponsor and/or team into disrepute.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by telephone call after the date of the random drawing and will have 48 hours to accept or reject the prize. After the potential winner has accepted the prize within the 48 hour period, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable, within three (3) days after the documents are sent. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of the sweepstakes prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor and Administrator may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; and (b) release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, University of Virginia, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, wireless carriers, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- TAXES. All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, force majeure event, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, illegible, postage due, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages, or emails; (3) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (4) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Virginia State Court located in the City of Roanoke, Virginia; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS. A winner’s list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Administrator identified below.
SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: ADVANCE AUTO PARTS “Advance Auto Parts & Virginia Cavaliers Text-to-Win,” 5008 Airport Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: GENESCO SPORTS ENTERPRISES, INC., 5944 Luther Lane, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75225