Part No. 550050467
The viscosity grade that we know our customers prefer and trust1, now available in a full synthetic product. Shell Rotella T6 15W-40 Heavy Duty Engine Oil is a full synthetic product formulated for improved2 hard-working protection. Shell Rotella T6 is suitable for new and older diesel-powered vehicles from Class 8 tractor/trailers to heavy duty pickups, delivery, utility and school bus fleets. It is suitable as a replacement for mineral and synthetic based SAE 15W-40 API CK-4, CJ-4 oils in low temperature applications.Product Features:
- Strong oxidation resistance in the new Volvo T-13 test, controls harmful acid build up, and easily exceeds the API CK-4 limits for oxidation and viscosity increase.
- Improved oxidation resistance helps prevent deposits in the engine, maintain cleanliness, and prevent acid buildup, which can cause corrosive wear in the engine.
- Excellent oil consumption control, through lower oil volatility in the Noack test compared to conventional Shell Rotella T4 15W-40. Lower Volatility = Lower Oil Consumption.
- Improved copper corrosion protection and lead corrosion protection, with an average of 50% more wear protection than required by API industry wear tests.
- Better cold cranking properties and low temperature pumpability at -15C compared to conventional and semi-synthetic Shell Rotella 15W-40 products means that it reaches critical engine parts faster in colder temperatures, to minimize wear and make hard wo
- Specifications, Approvals and Recommendations
- Meets or exceeds diesel engine requirements of API CK-4, Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Mercedes Benz, Volvo and Allison.
- API CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4; ACEA E9; Cummins CES 20086, 20081; Volvo VDS-4.5, VDS-4; MACK EOS-4.5; Detroit Fluid Specification (DFS) 93K222, 93K218; MB-Approval 228.31; JASO DH-2; Caterpillar ECF-2, ECF-3; MAN M3575; JASO MA, MA2; Allison TES-4