The front-end accessory drive system on this vehicle has historically had problems with detaching belts in rain and snow. Many of the problems have been the result of system misalignment and/or water ingression. Not being satisfied with the solutions available to consumers, Litens (the world's largest Original Equipment suppliers of tensioners) re-engineered the drive and created this "fix-kit". The kit consists of a new tensioner with a grooved pulley (the original tensioner has a smooth pulley) , a new grooved routing idler (the original is smooth), and a double-sided serpentine belt. The grooves on the belt "lock-into" the grooves on the tensioner and routing pulleys making it near impossible to throw the belt. This system will solve the belt throwing problem once and for all!Product Features:
- Manufactured by the world's largest Original Equipment supplier of accessory drive tensioners and pulleys.
- Internal tensioner "round spring" technology provides constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Replacement idler and tensioner for this kit are available from Litens.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore, doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.