The anti-lock brake system (ABS) wheel speed sensor provides a signal to the electronic brake control module (EBCM) identifying the speed at which each wheel or axle is turning. Ideally all wheels are rotating at an equal speed or with an adjusted rate, but a sudden drop in wheel speed will indicate that one or more tires are locking up due to a vehicle skid condition. The EBCM will pulse the brake fluid pressure allowed to the skidding tire until the vehicle is brought under control.Product Features:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD), laser scanning and 3D printing - utilizing Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and Stereolithography (SLA) - in the part design process ensures speed-to-market and a precise fit guaranteed.
- Robust circuit board design increases durability due to heat, shock, and random electro-magnetic pulses (EMP) and power spikes.
- Magnet size and strength optimized for precise signal output.
- Precision-wound coated copper windings increase signal output and increase longevity.
- Tailored magnetic circuit programming enhances timing accuracy between the reluctor wheel and circuit output.
- 100% thermo-shock and vibration tested to ensure superior performance in extreme conditions.
- 100% end-of-line tested to ensure accurate signal output providing product reliability, every time.
- Fluorocarbon high-temperature o-ring seals coated with lubricant for easy installation prevents hub contamination.