Oil Filler Cap
Hover over the image to zoom in
Share this:

CARQUEST Oil Filler Cap

Part No. 10131 Warranty Details  
Quantity  Add to Cart

See if this part fits a specific vehicle.

Check Vehicle Fit

Please note: Advance Auto Parts is proud to carry comparable exact-fit parts from multiple vendors, as such, the item you receive may be one of two quality brands. Both brands meet the same fitment requirements and are equal in their performance and specifications. Manufactured to OE specifications and quality
Back To Top
Dipstick Included:No
Installation Type:Cam On
Mounting Type:Cam On
OE Appearance:Yes

Do you have questions about this product?


Ask a question, get answers from real customers and in-house experts. For further assistance, please review your support options on our Contact Us page.

1 Question | 1 Answer
Displaying question 1
  • Q:

    Can I install this myself (replace old defective one) or does it have to be dealer installed or professionally installed?
    Asked on 3/1/2013 by Al

    1 answer



      With reference to the enquiry on this Stant Oil Filler Cap (Part No. 10131), changing the oil filler cap is part of the process in changing engine oil in motorcycles and automobiles. Normally, for those well versed in the auto mechanic world, this would not pose any problem at all. For those who are not, however, this can be troublesome. Common problems related to the oil filler cap include locating it and unscrewing it from the oil filler especially when this piece off the oil fill has served its time already. The location of the oil filler cap may vary in different automobile models and motorcycle models. Naturally, it will be commonly found where the oil fill tank is. It is made of black plastic with a raised twist tab. It usually has the word "oil" or "oil fill" embedded on it. Other oil filler caps have a picture of what looks like a watering can on it. Most of the time, it is on top of a valve cover. Unscrewing the oil filler cap is basically easy when you have the right tools for the job. More often than not, an ordinary pair of pliers is all you will need. Should the cap be hard to reach or tightly screwed on, you may need to use a pair of needle-nose pliers. If the cap will still not come off, you may use a screwdriver for leverage and just pry the top cap off. It will separate into two pieces as a result. When the top half of the cover is now removed, grab your pliers and unscrew the lower half of the oil filler cap from the valve cover. Just snap the top half and the lower half of the oil filler cap together. Since you have already separated them from each other, the parts may come apart the next time you will need to unscrew the oil filler cap. Now that you already have the oil filler cap unscrewed, put it in a place that is safe and unforgettable! Leaving the cap off may be dangerous not only to your engine but to you as well. Your engine may catch fire when you start it without the oil filler cap on. The best place to put it will then be over the hole in the hood latch so you cannot close the hood without putting the oil filler cap back on. For any further assistance, please feel free to call us at: 1-877-238-2623 or visit the nearest Advance Auto Parts store and one of our Parts Pros will gladly assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Answered on 3/1/2013 by Steve from AAP
Displaying question 1

Do you have a question about this product? 

Check out the specials in our monthly flyer.
Disclaimer We strive to keep all information accurate and up-to-date; however, product availability, pricing, promotions and store hours are subject to change without notice. Please contact Customer Care if you have any questions or corrections.