Remanufactured Transmissions Limited Warranty
- All warranties set forth herein are those of the manufacturer. The warranty belongs to the person or business whose name is printed on the purchase receipt or Order Confirmation email and cannot be transferred to anyone at any time.
- Advance Auto Parts hereby disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, relating to your transmission, including, but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Your automatic transmission, is warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 36 months or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first. Manual transmissions & transfer cases are warranted for 12 months against defect in materials or workmanship from date of purchase. Commercial applications are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. There will be no refunds issued after 90 days from original purchase date.
- If your transmission fails during the warranty period, please notify the Advance Auto Parts warranty department at (888) 286-6772 between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time. The warranty department, not the store, will help to administer the warranty with the manufacturer. Should the manufacturer determine that the transmission requires replacement, you must return the alleged defect before you can receive the replacement. There can be no exceptions.
- This limited warranty also provides partial reimbursement for labor cost in the event the transmission is found to be defective in materials or workmanship under examination by the manufacturer. Labor will be paid only if the transmission is originally installed by a licensed repair facility. Customer will be asked to submit a printed work order for the original installation. No labor is paid for self-installed units.
- Labor reimbursement is limited to $50.00 per hour based on time allowed by the Mitchell labor guide. All labor payments must be approved by the manufacturer before being paid. $350.00 is the maximum amount paid for replacement or repair, and includes any diagnostic charges to determine the cause of failure.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- This limited warranty does not cover towing charges, rental vehicles, fluids, inconvenience, loss of time, commercial loss, property damage, personal injury, or any other incidental or consequention loss or damage.
- This limited warranty does not apply if the transmission has been abused, neglected, improperly maintained, damaged in an accident, modified, improperly installed, or damaged due to the operation of parts or items not furnished with the transmission.
- Any unauthorized removal or repairs will void the warranty. Before doing anything, please call (888) 286-6772 for warranty assistance.
- Some units are shipped with auxillary coolers designed to replace the OE cooler. Failure to install and use this cooler will void warranty for replacement or labor.
- This limited warranty does not apply to vehicles used commercially for snow removal, or for off road vehicles. This usage will void any warranty.
Note!!!!!: Please check the transmission before installing. Is this the correct transmission? We try very hard to supply you with the correct transmission, but mistakes can and will happen. The final check is for you to compare the transmission removed from the car with the replacement and make sure everything is correct before installing it. Now is the time to be sure, not after it is installed.
There will be no labor reimbursement for the installation and removal of the wrong transmission.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above information may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. Advance auto parts does not authorize any person to vary in any way, the terms, conditions, or exclusions of this warranty.