Advance Auto Parts Limited Warranty
We will replace any part that may fail due to a defect in materials or workmanship under normal use and service after proper installation, (subject to the conditions and exclusions described below) within the warranty period stated on your original sales receipt. Simply return the part along with your original sales receipt to any Advance Auto Parts store.
WARRANTY PERIOD AND APPLICABILITY
This warranty is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase or any longer warranty period that may be printed on your original sales receipt. In addition, you must be the original purchaser of the part and still own the vehicle on which it was installed. This warranty cannot be transferred to anyone at any time. Replacement parts are warranted for 90 days from the date of exchange or the remainder of the warranty period, whichever is longer. Warranty periods may vary from part to part.
We will, at our option, replace or refund your money for any part that we sell that fails during the warranty period. To obtain cash refund, you must comply with the Warranty Period and Applicability obligations described above and, in addition return the part to an Advance Auto Parts store along with your original sales receipt within 90 days from the date of purchase. After 90 days, the warranty is limited to exchange or store credit only. Cash refunds are not offered after 90 days.
All warranty statements provided in this policy also apply to online purchases. If you do not have a store location near you, please contact 1-877-ADVANCE (238-2623) for warranty assistance. Your online order confirmation is required to validate your proof of purchase for warranty coverage.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Failure due to accident or collision; improper use, chemical fallout, salt, hail, or other environmental conditions including natural disasters
- Improper installation of the part; vehicles under manufacturer’s recall for a related problem
- Misuse, abuse, modification, vehicles used off-road or for racing purposes
- Labor reimbursement for non-commercial part purchases or self-installed parts
COMMERCIAL USE VEHICLES
Parts installed on commercial use vehicles are warranted for 90 days from the date of purchase only
ADDITIONAL COMMERCIAL COVERAGE
For Commercial customers with a business license and a Federal Tax ID:
- All warranty coverage and exclusions outlined in this policy apply.
- For qualified commercial customers labor reimbursement is offered if original part should fail within the first 90 days from the date of purchase, at your shop rate up to $75/hour (per industry standard on labor hours required to replace the defective part), which the rate is subject to change at any time without notification. Upon request, a copy of the original installation invoice plus the failed part will need to be returned before labor reimbursement is paid.
PART SPECIFIC COVERAGE
- Every replacement requires the receiver dryer or accumulator to be replaced. When applicable the orifice tube will need to be replaced or the expansion valve will require inspection and cleaning if necessary, but are not required to be replaced for the warranty to be valid.
- Failure to flush the system voids the warranty for any labor reimbursement.
- Free Replacement Period begins the day of purchase and expires at the end of the Free Replacement Period printed on your original sales receipt. This period does not renew when the battery is replaced during the Free Replacement Period.
- If the battery becomes defective after the Free Replacement Period and prior to the end of the warranty period, the warranty benefit will be prorated and can either be credited toward the purchase of a new battery or refunded at our option. The proration amount shall be determined by dividing the purchase price by the number of months of the warranty period, then multiplying the result by the months remaining in the warranty period. Partial months are rounded to the nearest whole month.
- Installation of an automotive battery in any other type of vehicle or equipment voids your warranty.
- The part must be installed correctly according to the manufacturer’s instructions, including the installation of a new pilot bearing and resurfacing of the flywheel. This part is intended for normal use only, not for commercial use.
- Commercial labor reimbursement does not apply to Performance Clutch Kits and Dual Mass Flywheels.
- Clutches contaminated by oil and grease are not eligible for warranty replacement or commercial labor reimbursement.
- It’s the responsibility of the installer to verify the crankshaft OE number matches and there is no visible damage to the unit.
- Warranty is limited to replacement of the crankshaft and bearings prior to installation; labor reimbursement does not apply.
- Warranted crankshafts that are returned must include the bearings supplied with the unit.
- In order for the warranty to be valid the replacement of the pump strainer for in-tank electric pumps and the replacement of the vehicle’s inline fuel filter are required to be done at time of installation.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PHYSICAL INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, INCONVENIENCE, RENTAL VEHICLE CHARGES, TOWING CHARGES OR ACCOMMODATIONS RESULTING FROM A DEFECT IN OR FAILURE OF THE PART. LABOR REIMBURSEMENT IS COVERED ONLY IF SPECIFICALLY INCLUDED ABOVE.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
This limited warranty represents the exclusive remedy for any product defect or failure and the total liability of Advance Stores Company, Inc. (“Advance”) on behalf of Advance Auto Parts for any part it warrants. ADVANCE MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, CONDITION OF ANY KIND OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties. Therefore all implied warranties that may apply to your part are limited to the duration of this written warranty. Some states also do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages so the above information may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Advance does not authorize any person to vary the terms, conditions or exclusions of this warranty. If any provision of the warranty should become invalid or unenforceable because of any laws, the remaining terms and provisions of the warranty shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent allowed under local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Policy are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies. Advance Stores Company, Inc., P.O. Box 2710, Roanoke VA. 24001. Visit us on the web at www.advanceautoparts.com.