Monroe OESpectrum shock absorbers are engineered specifically for foreign nameplate vehicles and feature the latest global original equipment valving technologies. Developed through years of research and on-vehicle testing, Monroe OESpectrum units provide an unprecedented level of handling precision and control while filtering out the ride harshness commonly encountered on many foreign nameplate applications. This unique blend of control and comfort is made possible through Tenneco's "Twin Technology Active Control System", an exclusive internal damping control technology first developed for leading global vehicle manufacturers. Tenneco's Twin Technology consists of its latest Impact Control Valve (ICV), which delivers exceptional control under virtually all driving conditions, and a patented Low Speed Tunability (LST) piston design that isolates impact-related noise, vibration and harshness.Product Features:
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability.
- 1-3/16" Bore: Larger bore than most shocks to provide more efficient and consistent control.
- Twin Technology: Impact Control Valve (ICV), delivers exceptional control under virtually all driving conditions, and patented Low Speed Tunability (LST) piston design that isolates impact-related noise, vibration and harshness.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- 1/2" Diameter Piston Rod: Nitrocarburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only.
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.