The Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting shock absorber with PSD (position sensitive damping) and the Safe Tech system combines our exclusive precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube with application engineered valving and Fluon banded piston to improve the ride, handling, and safety characteristics of the vehicle. These units also include a heavy gauge calibrated spring for extra control and comfort. A new pair of Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting shock absorbers can assist in maintaining ride height when up to 1,200 lbs* of additional weight is loaded. These units are ideal for light trucks that carry varying loads or tow trailers. *Capacity is limited by vehicle suspension, tires and transmission. See vehicle owner's manual for details.Product Features:
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability.
- Heavy Gauge Calibrated Coil Spring: Computer designed for maximum performance without an increase in ride harshness.
- Unique Groove Tube - PSD: Precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube perform like an additional stage of valving for optimum ride tuning.
- 5/8" Piston Rod: Heavy-duty nitrocarburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.