Litens Automotive is the original equipment supplier for this decoupling alternator pulley to both Chrysler and Toyota. The Litens aftermarket replacement part uses the latest design technology used in the Toyota part, so while maintaining the exact Toyota form, may look different than the Chrysler part being replaced. Therefore the Chrysler part performance is improved versus the original equipment part. The Toyota part maintains the exact form, fit, and performance characteristics of the original equipment part (with the exception of not having the car manufacturer's logo or part number applied to the part). Decoupling pulleys are engine specific and can not be interchanged with other types of pulley technology. The Litens OAD type pulley is designed to free-wheel in one direction and, with an internal spring and damping device, softly engage in the opposite direction. The OAD is designed as a sacrificial part of the front-end accessory drive system, protecting other belt driven component as well as the alternator. The correct decoupler pulley ensures smooth, quiet performance as well as increasing vehicle gas mileage. Under normal driving conditions, the original Chrysler pulley will require replacement in approximately 50,000 - 60,000 miles. The original Toyota pulley will require replacement in approximately 100,000 -120,000 miles. Product Features:
- Patented Original Equipment Design
- Protects the alternator and other front-end accessory drive components.
- Installation instructions included.
- New plastic cap included with the OAD.
- Tools Required - Litens recommends using a Miller Special Tools P/N 8433A for pulley removal and installation.
- Professional mechanics can install this replacement OAD in approximately 1/2 hours. During alternator pulley replacement, belts, tensioners, and routing pulleys should be inspected.