The Monroe Sensa-Trac truck shock absorber with PSD (position sensitive damping) and the Safe Tech system combines our exclusive precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube with application engineered valving and Fluon banded piston to improve the ride, handling, and safety characteristics of the vehicle. These features allow the Monroe Sensa-Trac truck shock absorber to adjust more rapidly to changing road and weight conditions than any other available shock absorber.Product Features:
- All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability.
- 1-3/8" Bore: Lower operating pressure than standard 1" bore units
- Unique Groove Tube - PSD: Precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube perform like an additional stage of valving for optimum ride tuning.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged: For improved ride and handling, helps maintain tire to road contact by reducing aeration.
- 5/8" Piston Rod: Heavy-duty nitrocarburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only
- Special Seal: "Self-lubricating" fluid seal designed to retain gas without excessive wear or friction.