KYB Corporation produces a variety of ride control, hydraulic, and electronic products for use as original equipment and replacement parts in automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, specialty vehicles, buses, aircraft, railroad cars, industrial applications, agricultural applications, and civil engineering projects. KYB’s global headquarters is located in Tokyo, Japan. By consistently developing world class ride control products, KYB has become the world's largest supplier of OE and aftermarket shocks and struts. In fact, more than 1 in 5 vehicles built around the world use KYB shocks and struts. KYB has 32 facilities in 21 countries, and 15 manufacturing plants in Asia, the United States, and Europe. While much of KYB's overall sales are from automotive shock absorbers, KYB also produces a wide range of hydraulic and electronic equipment used in a variety of applications in many aspects of modern life. Vehicular and transportation applications include power steering systems, automotive electronics, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, special use vehicles, railroading, aircraft, and maritime shipping. Other KYB product applications include hydraulic equipment used in manufacturing, testing, lifestyle, and civil engineering projects, as well as special needs equipment such as wheelchairs. The varied uses and applications of KYB products and equipment demonstrate our commitment to helping create a safer, more efficient, and more comfortable society.
The KYB Gas-a-Just monotube shock absorber has additional performance advantages over the twin-tube design: It can instantly, automatically adjust to more handling and control needs and never experiences performance fade due to aeration. The Gas-a-Just is available as an OE Monotube replacement and as an OE Twin-tube performance upgrade. The KYB Gas-a-Just has two separate working chambers: An air-free hydraulic piston & valve area for responsiveness & control and a second high-pressure Nitrogen gas area with a floating piston that provides a comfortable ride during normal driving and adds instant performance on demand. The monotube design provides the best combination when you sometimes need or want more than average or designed ride control performance and steering responsiveness. The KYB Gas-a-Just is a high pressure, Nitrogen gas-charged monotube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include.
- A heavy gauge seamless cylinder to add strength and provide a high compression sealing surface
- Application-specific cylinder bore sizes
- A precision multi-stage hydraulic valve assembly operating in an aeration-free fluid chamber
- A separate Nitrogen gas, high pressure chamber and floating piston
- Triple chrome-plated piston rod and multi-lip oil seals that reduces wear
- Solid, seamless mounting eye rings and bolt bushings that can’t separate and become noisy
- Chemically bonded insulator mounting bushings that won’t slip out
- A Teflon-coated or phenolic piston band that reduces friction and provides a positive cylinder seal
- Specially formulated hydraulic fluid with multi-range viscosity for any weather climate