KYB Corporation produces a variety of ride control, hydraulic, and electronic products for use as original equipment and replacement parts in automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, specialty vehicles, buses, aircraft, railroad cars, industrial applications, agricultural applications, and civil engineering projects. KYB’s global headquarters is located in Tokyo, Japan. By consistently developing world class ride control products, KYB has become the world's largest supplier of OE and aftermarket shocks and struts. In fact, more than 1 in 5 vehicles built around the world use KYB shocks and struts. KYB has 32 facilities in 21 countries, and 15 manufacturing plants in Asia, the United States, and Europe. While much of KYB's overall sales are from automotive shock absorbers, KYB also produces a wide range of hydraulic and electronic equipment used in a variety of applications in many aspects of modern life. Vehicular and transportation applications include power steering systems, automotive electronics, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, special use vehicles, railroading, aircraft, and maritime shipping. Other KYB product applications include hydraulic equipment used in manufacturing, testing, lifestyle, and civil engineering projects, as well as special needs equipment such as wheelchairs. The varied uses and applications of KYB products and equipment demonstrate our commitment to helping create a safer, more efficient, and more comfortable society.
Ride Comfort is important, but restoring a vehicle’s Ride Control; stability, stopping, lane change responsiveness and handling is critical. KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts are designed for the most important performance purpose: Restore the vehicle’s original capabilities. KYB is the world’s largest supplier of shocks and struts to new vehicle manufacturers. The Excel-G is made on the same KYB OE assembly lines, uses the same OE quality components and is calibrated to restore original, designed performance, not change it. That earned Excel-G this classification: OEA (Original Equipment for the Aftermarket ). The KYB Excel-G is a Nitrogen gas-charged twin-tube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include.
- A seamless working cylinder vs. welded seams provides the best sealing surface throughout the entire piston stroke
- Precision multi-stage hydraulic valves that reduces fluid travel to minimize aeration and are calibrated the way OE intended the vehicle to perform
- Triple chrome-plated piston rod and multi-lip oil seals that reduce wear
- Solid, seamless mounting eye rings and bolt bushings that can’t separate and become noisy
- Chemically bonded insulator mounting bushings that won’t slip out
- A Teflon coated or phenolic piston band that reduces friction and provides a positive cylinder seal
- Specially formulated hydraulic fluid with multi-range viscosity for any weather climate