KYB Corporation produces a variety of ride control, hydraulic, and electronic products for use as original equipment and replacement parts in automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, specialty vehicles, buses, aircraft, railroad cars, industrial applications, agricultural applications, and civil engineering projects. KYB’s global headquarters is located in Tokyo, Japan. By consistently developing world class ride control products, KYB has become the world's largest supplier of OE and aftermarket shocks and struts. In fact, more than 1 in 5 vehicles built around the world use KYB shocks and struts. KYB has 32 facilities in 21 countries, and 15 manufacturing plants in Asia, the United States, and Europe. While much of KYB's overall sales are from automotive shock absorbers, KYB also produces a wide range of hydraulic and electronic equipment used in a variety of applications in many aspects of modern life. Vehicular and transportation applications include power steering systems, automotive electronics, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, special use vehicles, railroading, aircraft, and maritime shipping. Other KYB product applications include hydraulic equipment used in manufacturing, testing, lifestyle, and civil engineering projects, as well as special needs equipment such as wheelchairs. The varied uses and applications of KYB products and equipment demonstrate our commitment to helping create a safer, more efficient, and more comfortable society.
Tough conditions demand tough truck shocks. The large bore KYB MonoMax provides the additional stability that heavier, more powerful or high center of gravity vehicles demand. The KYB MonoMax is a heavy duty monotube shock absorber that provides the most handling, control and durability of any KYB shock… and it’s just for trucks. The MonoMax’s tough design automatically adjusts to driving conditions with fade-free performance. The KYB MonoMax has an outstanding reputation for vehicles that do real work, go off-road, tow a trailer or haul heavy loads. It uses a work-ready zinc-coated steel piston ring and includes an off-road dust boot. The KYB MonoMax is a high pressure, Nitrogen gas-charged monotube shock absorber designed for trucks.
- A heavy gauge seamless cylinder to add strength and provide a high compression sealing surface
- 46 mm large cylinder bore to control more weight shift
- A precision multi-stage hydraulic valve assembly operating in an aeration-free fluid chamber
- Most handling and control of any KYB truck shock
- A separate Nitrogen gas, high pressure chamber with a floating piston & seal
- Triple chrome-plated piston rod and multi-lip oil seals that reduce wear
- Solid, seamless mounting eye rings and bolt bushings that can’t separate and become noisy
- Chemically bonded insulator mounting bushings that won’t slip out
- A zinc-coated steel piston ring capable of handling high temperature operation
- Specially formulated hydraulic fluid with multi-range viscosity for any weather climate